Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weight Watchers and Me



I've lost weight on Weight Watchers in the past. Over the holidays, I noticed my jeans have gotten a little bit tighter. It might have been from all the Cherry Chocolate Cookies I baked. Anyhoodles, I knew I need to do something because frankly I don't want to spend money on new jeans. I would much rather spend that money on books.

Last Monday, I started over on Weight Watchers. I'm happy to report I lost 2.2 pounds in the last week. I must confess I didn't stay in my points range everyday, but I definitely ate better than when I wasn't following a plan. My day job makes it difficult to eat right on the days I work. I'm trying to get better with what I eat those days. It ain't easy.

The Weight Watchers app for my iPhone and iPad helped me to keep track of my points. Also, I've tried the new Weight Watchers Scanner app that will scan the barcode number on many products and tell me the Points Plus values, which has been very convenient for me. These apps make it much easier to stay on track. 

I've also discovered that having fresh fruits and vegetables in the house help me to not feel hungry because I can eat all of them I want. They have 0 Points Plus values. Plus, all the added nutrients from them. I do feel better when I eat better.

Last week, I managed to get on the treadmill three times. I would like to do more. Gradually, I plan to increase the amount of exercise each week. 

I bought a book as my reward at the end of the week. I told myself if I could put in my points everyday (no matter how much over I went) and exercised at least three times, I could buy a book. The book was Sweet Stuff by Donna Kauffman. I wanted the book and liked that it is part of her Cupcake Club series. 

These days so many of us are trying to lose some weight. I'll will try to post every week about my progress and what has worked for me. These posts will help me to be accountable. Life gets busy and it's far to easy to tell yourself that one treat or splurge on food will be fine this one time. Often that's what starts my eating to go towards the foods that aren't good for me. 

I don't look at what I'm doing as a diet. I view it as a different way of eating. I can still have the things I want to eat. Now, I am more aware of the foods that make my jeans too tight and have it in moderation. 

What ways do you lose weight or maintain the weight you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment