Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Kindle Love


I started reading ebooks long before Kindles and Nooks were available. The first formats I read were mobipocket and ereader on my PDA. I loved being able to take numerous books with me anywhere I went. Unfortunately, at the time not all books were available in ebook format. Some that where available were pricey. I found I read more books that I could find in ebook format and didn't read many of the paper books I had sitting on my bookshelf. I was very happy when Kindle format became available. Now so many more books are available in ebook format. I rarely pick up a paper book.

I love my Kindle! I confess I have more than one Kindle. I got a Kindle Touch for my birthday back in November. I had a Kindle Keyboard and loved it. Then I got the Touch and my love increased. The little things the Touch can do that my Keyboard can’t made reading even easier. 

I love on the Kindle Touch how I can easy search titles, authors, collections, or most recent by using page number or beginning letter. It's easier to select collections to add my books to because I can search without having to click through all the pages. The little differences make for an even more enjoyable read. 

I still read on my Kindle Keyboard as well. My dad finally gave in and bought a Kindle Touch. So far he enjoys it. He had an accident at work seven years ago that limits the use of his right hand. Holding a paper book in his hand and turning the pages is too difficult for him. The Kindle eliminates this problem.

Plus, my books sync across my devices. The Kindle app on my iPhone and iPad are easy to read on. My bookmarks and other notes sync from one device to another. No matter where I am I always have a book with me.

Do you read on an ereader or do you still read paper books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment